Gere Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – Dry Red Wine 12,5% 750ml
Villány is one of the famous Hungarian wine regions, where winemaking has hundreds of years old traditions. However, Villány has an innovative role in the present-day winery, as well. The unique sub-Mediterranean climate of Villány gives the exclusive aromas that characterise the local wines. Gere & Weninger Cabernet Sauvignon is a Villány classicus red wine of protected origin. Cabernet Sauvignon is a medium body wine with a deep purple colour. The fruity aromas are very characteristic. However, the wine is well-balanced and harmonic, thanks to the sweetness of toasted oak and the hints of black pepper.
Winemaking process of Gere Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – Dry Red Wine
- Firstly, alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks and malolactic fermentation in oak barrels
- 80% was aged in large casks (25-50hl), the rest in 2nd and 3rd fill barriques for 16 months.
What makes Gere Cabernet Sauvignon Dry Red Wine so special?
The brand’s wines uniqueness lie in the fermentation process, because locally selected indigenous yeast strains do it exclusively. The perfectly ripe, hand-selected grapes from organic vineyards are taken to a cellar, that is equipped with state of the art technology. After that, fermentation takes place either in temperature-controlled steel tanks or wooden vats. Following the gentle extraction, the winemakers rack the wines into traditional, top quality Hungarian oak barrels. At last after bottling, their ageing continues in bottles.
Gere Cabernet Sauvignon Dry Red Wine profile
- Purple red with a depth of hue suggesting medium body.
- Morello cherries and plums with some oak notes dominate in the background
- The aromas of dark berries, the sweetness of toasted oak and the hints of black pepper provide a pleasant harmony both on the nose and the palate.
- The fruity notes reflect ripeness, the wine is rounded with delicate acidity and medium finish.
- This is not a flashy but a balanced wine.
We recommend a bottle of Gere Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – Dry Red Wine for special family occasions or anniversaries. Perfectly accompanies beef dishes.
Size: 0,75 L
ABV: 12,5% V/V
Producer: Attila Gere
Discover our entire range of Villány wines!